Every child has a story and for 2.7 million children in the U.S., that story may be filled with the abandonment, loneliness, and shame that come from having a mom or dad in prison. For many, it may also include following their parents down the same destructive road to incarceration. Angel Tree®, a program of Prison Fellowship, reaches out to the children of prisoners and their families with the love of Christ. Prison Chaplains offer inmates the opportunity to sign up their children to receive Christmas presents and local churches find people to purchase and deliver these presents in the name of their incarcerated parent. It is a great way for us to show the love of Christ to inmates and their families.
This Christmas we are supporting 35 kids who have a parent in prison. Starting Sunday, Nov. 22 in the church lobby you can choose to be involved and help one of these kids. How does it work?
1. Find the "Angel Tree" table in the lobby
2. Each child has 2 "Angel's" with their name on it and each Angel represents gifts that total $25. So we buy $50 of presents for each child. One $25 gift is a practical gift (clothes, etc.). The other $25 gift is a fun gift (toys, etc.)
3. You can select as many "Angels" as you would like to buy gifts for.
4. Bring back the gifts to EBF by Wednesday, Dec. 16.
5. On Saturday, Dec. 19 we will meet at EBF at 9:15am and split up into delivery teams to bring the presents to the children. We will start our deliveries at 9:30am and usually get done by 11:00-11:30am.
You can just buy the presents for kids, or you can sign up to only do shopping for the presents or you can sign up to only be a part of the delivery teams. Or you can do all of it!!!!
If you have any questions or want to be involved please contact Kerri Vincent at email@example.com